Police Records Raise Questions In Obama Chef’s Death Case

Judicial Watch has disclosed receiving 18 pages of documents via the Massachusetts Public Records Law from the Edgarton, MA, Police Department. These documents reveal that the Secret Service had reported the disappearance of Obama’s Personal Chef, Tafari Campbell. Subsequently, his body was located using sonar technology.

The records also indicate that clothing items were discovered separate from the body, and Mr. Campbell was not wearing a life vest.

A Secret Service Agent [details redacted] indicated that swimmers were yet to locate the individual. The last visual was of the individual dressed in black on a paddleboard, identified as an African American male.

A 911 call was received from the reporting above, and the person was identified as being associated with the Secret Service. They requested at least an ambulance, unsure of the complete requirements.

The reporting person suggested the best approach was from the residence. Rescue efforts in the form of a zodiac boat and a swimmer were being initiated.

The reporting person confirmed that no life vest was worn. The paddleboard and clothing were retrieved, but there was no connection with the missing individual.

At 8:25 p.m., Oak Bluffs Fire Department initiated a dive team. By 8:36 p.m., a Coast Guard and a state police helicopter were deployed.

Reports forwarded by Police Chief Bruce McNamee redacted the names of a witness and a Secret Service agent. In the accompanying email, McNamee noted the redaction was due to a request from the MA State Police.

The base of operations for police and fire departments was at Wilson’s Landing, a well-known boat launch. Search and dive teams from Tisbury, Oak Bluffs, and West Tisbury joined the efforts.
On the following day, Sgt. William Bishop reported that a command post at Wilson’s Landing was established. He requested a search helicopter through MSP, and Chief Schaeffer sought a USCG helicopter. The search lasted several hours, with the last known location identified. Trooper Shaw of MSP assisted throughout.

Around 11 p.m., the land and dive searches were temporarily halted. Plans were in place for Oak Bluffs and Edgartown Fire to continue a systematic investigation by boat throughout the night. At dawn, dive operations resumed. Access to Wilson’s Landing was restricted to ensure sufficient operational space.

The subsequent morning, sonar technology was used to locate the late Mr. Campbell. The investigation has been passed to The Cape and Islands District Attorney’s Office and the Massachusetts State Police.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton expressed concerns about the need for their organization to press consistently for details on this unfortunate incident, highlighting the new information about the Secret Service’s role in reporting Mr. Campbell’s disappearance.