(PatrioticPost.com)- China claimed last week that its now infamous spy balloon that was shot down over the Atlantic Ocean by the U.S. military blew off course and was never intended to travel across America as it did.
Now, the Communist country is tooting the horn the exact same way about its second spy balloon, which last week was flying over Latin America.
Mao Ning, a spokeswoman for the Chinese Foreign Ministry, said on Monday that the spy balloon flying over Latin America was actually a research airship that didn’t have any people on board. She added that the weather is what ultimately derailed the balloon’s initial flight pattern and led it to fly over Latin America.
The Wall Street Journal reported recently that Mao said:
“This airship seriously strayed from its planned route, and accidentally entered the skies over Latin America and the Caribbean.”
Ironically, Mao had nothing to say about what the “planning route” was for the balloon, or what it was supposed to be observing while it was flying high above.
U.S. officials at the Pentagon announced last Friday that a similar object to the one that was detected over the western United States a day earlier was flying above Latin America.
The balloon that flew directly over the U.S. was first spotted by a photographer in Montana. The balloon then flew over the interior of America and then went over the Atlantic Ocean near Myrtle Beach in South Carolina. Once it cleared the continental U.S. and was safely over the water, American military planes shot it down with a missile.
President Joe Biden has said that he allowed the balloon to travel over the entirety of the U.S. because advisers told him they were concerned about the debris falling and hurting people below and/or damaging buildings and infrastructure.
In addition, they believed that shooting the balloon down over the open water would provide the U.S. military a better opportunity to recover parts of the balloon so they could study it.
The entire time, U.S. officials have contended that both of these balloons are part of a very covert surveillance operations being carried out by China. Spokespeople with the People’s Republic of China, though, have stated that the balloons were just part of their civilian research projects.
Sticking to that line, once the U.S. military shot down the Chinese balloon last weekend, Xie Feng, the vice foreign minister of China, filed a formal complaint with the American Embassy. In that complaint, he termed the entire incident as a “U.S. attack on a Chinese civilian unmanned airship by military force.”
“What the U.S. has done has dealt a serious blow and damaged the efforts and advances in stabilizing China-U.S. relations since the Bali meeting.”
The Wall Street Journal reported that the governments of the Latin American countries where the second balloon flew over didn’t do much of anything in response. Ultimately, the Journal pointed out that those governments probably did nothing because they’re interested in beefing up trade relationships with the country.